10) Zabit Magomedsharipov decisions Jeremy Stephens – UFC 235 Following his involvement with the post fight brawl against Conor McGregor, Zabit Magomedsharipov, dominated Jeremy Stephens. 9) Jon Jones decisions Anthony Smith – UFC 235: Jones vs. Smith Jon Jones once again demonstrated how dominant he is as he systematically dominated Anthony Smith and is now talking about a move up to the heavyweight division. One can only imagine a heavyweight
This year’s MMA Freak Awards did come out later then originally planned but is now coming out. Like last year, there will be some changes to the format once again: With the exception of the Comeback of the Year category, the awards returns to a top 10 list. The Journalist of the Year category has been dropped this year in favor of bringing back the Comeback of the Year category.
January 2019 10) Juan Archuleta defeats Ricky Bandejas via decision – Bellator 214 9) Ryan Bader defeats Fedor Emelianenko via knockout – Bellator 214 8) Henry Cejudo defeats TJ Dillashaw via TKO – UFC Fight Night 143 7) Jake “Jack Swagger” Hager submits J.W. Kiser – Bellator 214 6) Cory Sandhagen defeats Mario Bautista – UFC Fight Night 143 5) Alonzo Menifield defeats Vinicius Moreira – UFC Fight Night 143
10) Jimmy Crute beats Paul Craig via submission – UFC Fight Night 142 This was a quick submission at a UFC Fight Night event and it went well. 9) Lyoto Machida defeats Rafael Carvalho via decision – Bellator 213 Lyoto Machida has a tendency to fight close matches and this was the case in his Bellator MMA debut against promotion veteran Rafael Carvalho. 8) Edson Barboza TKOs Dan Hooker –
Another year has come and gone and finally here are this year’s Hall of Fame inductees with the nominee rules: “The Hall of Fame classes are decided by an open ballot which all writers for the site are eligible to cast. Each writer has the power to vote for up to five individuals ranked from lowest (5) to highest (1) with the highest ranks being given priority. The top five
October 2018 10) Benson Henderson defeated Saad Awad via decision – Bellator 208 9) Fedor Emelianenko defeated Chael Sonnen via TKO – Bellator 208 8) Macy Chiasson TKOs Larissa Pacheco – The Ultimate Fighter 28 7) Cheick Kongo defeated Timothy Johnson via knockout – Bellator 208 6) Sergei Kharintov defeated Roy Nelson via knockout – Bellator 207 5) Aspen Ladd defeated Tonya Evinger via TKO victory – UFC 229 Aspen
10) Aaron Pico defeats Leandro Higo via technical knockout – Bellator 206: Mousasi vs. MacDonald Aaron Pico had the toughest challenge of his career against Leandro Higo but showed he is fully capable of such a challenge. Aside from his first fight this was against a challenging, accomplished opponent at bantamweight. 9) Gegard Mousasi defeats Rory MacDonald via TKO victory – Bellator 206: Mousasi vs. MacDonald As ambitious as Rory MacDonald’s goal of was to become the
10) Vinny Magalhares defeats Brandon Halsey via technically knockout – PFL 5: High vs. Schulte Vinny Magalhares is finally breaking out in the Professional Fighter’s League and his win against Bellator MMA and M-1 Global veteran Brandon Halsey. 9) Darrion Caldwell defeats Noat Lahat via knockout victory – Bellator 204: Caldwell vs. Lahat While Noat Lahat may not be an elite level featherweight, he was the first test for Darrion Caldwell in his move up from bantamweight.
10) Khalil Rountree Jr. defeats Gokhan Saki via technical knockout – UFC 226: Miocic vs. Cormier To say that Khalil Rountree Jr. shocked people by knocking out Gokhan Saki is an understatement considering the fact that Saki is known for his kickboxing career. However, Rountree proved that he can do exactly that. 9) Daniel Cormier defeats Stipe Miocic via knockout punches victory – UFC 226: Miocic vs. Cormier Daniel Cormier made history against Stipe Miocic by becoming
Last year the Association of Boxing Commissions passed a 10 point plan to controlling weight cutting including adding four new weight classes towards the middle and upper range of weight classes in MMA. The new weight classes are geared towards making it easier for fighters to make weight and make lower risks along with the other rules in the 10 point plan that are going into affect. The UFC has pledged