A lightweight matchup between Canadian Mark Bocek (11-4 MMA, 7-4 UFC) and Brazilian Rafael dos Anjos (17-6 MMA, 6-4 UFC) has been added to UFC 154. The card is expected to feature the unification bout between UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre and interim titleholder Carlos Condit, although not yet signed. The card takes place Nov. 17 at Montreal’s Bell Centre.
With the official addition to the card, UFC 154 now includes:
- Champ Georges St-Pierre vs. interim champ Carlos Condit (to unify UFC welterweight titles)*
- Johny Hendricks vs. Martin Kampmann*
- Mark Bocek vs. Rafael dos Anjos
- Brendan Schaub vs. TBA*
- Tom Lawlor vs. Francis Carmont
- Mark Hominick vs. Pablo Garza
- Antonio Carvalho vs. Rodrigo Damm
Matt Hamill has a new opponent for his first post-retirement fight.
His original UFC 151 opponent and UFC newcomer, Roger Hollett, has suffered an injury, and veteran Vladimir Matyushenko has stepped in to fight Hamill on short notice at UFC 152.
The latest UFC 152 card now includes:
- Joseph Benavidez vs. Demetrious Johnson – for inaugural flyweight title
- Michael Bisping vs. Brian Stann
- Evan Dunham vs. T.J. Grant
- Matt Hamill vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
- Charles Oliveira vs. Cub Swanson
- Vinny Magalhaes vs. Igor Pokrajac
- Dan Miller vs. Sean Pierson
- Marcus Brimage vs. Jim Hettes
- Seth Baczynski vs. Simeon Thoresen
- Mitch Gagnon vs. Walel Watson
Lauzon vs Maynard set for UFC 155 in Vegas
A lightweight bout between Joe Lauzon (22-7 MMA, 9-4 UFC) and Gray Maynard (11-1-1 MMA, 9-1-1 UFC) is slotted for UFC 155, which is the UFC’s traditional year-end event. Lauzon is coming off his “Fight of the Night” and “Submission of the Night” bonuses for his UFC on FOX 4 win over Jamie Varner. Lauzon has won three of his past four fights, all via submission. Lauzon has racked up 11 total UFC fight-night bonuses closing in on current middleweight champ Anderson Silva. Maynard is coming off a June split-decision win over Clay Guida which was claimed as the “the most boring UFC fight ever”. Maynard is looking to actually get into a figh,t and Lauzon will come to fight and be looking for the finish.
The latest UFC 155 card includes:
- Champ Junior Dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez – for heavyweight title
- Forrest Griffin vs. Chael Sonnen
- Joe Lauzon vs. Gray Maynard
Four fighters from this past weekend’s “Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman” event received lengthy medial suspensions.
Watch the Strikeforce highlights from last Saturday night in the video below.
VIDEO COURTESY OF SHOWTIME AND STRIKEFORCE..
The full list of “Strikeforce: Rousey vs. Kaufman” medical suspensions included:
- Derek Brunson: suspended 45 days with no contact for 30 days for precautionary reasons
- Lumumba Sayers: suspended 60 days with no contact for 60 days due to right-eyelid and scalp lacerations
- Ovince St. Preux: suspended 180 days with no contact for 180 days due a left-thumb injury
- T.J. Cook: suspended indefinitely due to a possible neck fracture, though a doctor can clear him early; regardless, suspended 45 days with no contact for 30 days for precautionary reasons
- Miesha Tate: suspended 45 days with no contact for 30 days for precautionary reasons
- Julie Kedzie: suspended indefinitely due to a possible left-rotator-cuff injury, though a doctor can clear her early
- Keith Berry: suspended indefinitely due to a left-knee hyperextension, though a doctor can clear him early; regardless, suspended 45 days with no contact for 30 days for precautionary reasons
- Hiroko Yamanaka: suspended 60 days with no contact for 60 days due to an interior right-eyelid cut