Alright MMA-Freak fans, it’s that time again! Time to get you caught up on all or any mma news you might have missed this past weekend. It was a great weekend of fights and controversy. Grab your morning coffee or your after work beverage and let’s get you all caught up.
Bellator 85: Chandler vs. Hawn
MAIN (Spike TV, 10 p.m. ET)
- Jacob Noe def. Seth Petruzelli via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 2:51 – light-heavyweight tournament opening round
- Michael Chandler def. Rick Hawn via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 3:07 – to retain lightweight title
- Mikhail Zayats def. Renato Sobral via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 4:49 – light heavyweight tournament opening round
- Pat Curran def. Patricio Freire via split decision (48-47, 47-48, 48-47) – to retain featherweight title
PRELIMINARY (Spike.com, 7 p.m. ET)
- Aaron Miller def. Joe Camacho via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Jason Lambert def. Hector Ramirez via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 3:59
- J.J. Ambrose def. Brian Warren via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 2, 0:50
- Emanuel Newton def. Atanas Djambazov via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 2:21 – light-heavyweight tournament opening round
- Savant Young def. Mike Guymon via KO (punch) – Round 2, 0:48
- Joe Williams def. Jamie Yager via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 4:02
- Cleber Luciano def. Mario Navarro via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
Resurrection Fighting Alliance 6:
James Krause def. Toby Imadavia unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Brock Larson def. Eduardo Pamplona via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Kevin Croom def. Brian Davidson via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 0:42
- Dustin Ortiz def. Aaron Ely via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Dakota Cochrane def. Deivison Ribeiro via TKO (strikes) – Round 3, 4:32
- Mark Dickman def. Aaron Derrow via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 4:35
- Bobby Cooper def. Nick Compton via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Cody Peterson def. Tyler Stokes via submission (armbar) – Round 2, 2:06
UFC on FX 7: Belfort vs. Bisping:
MAIN (FX, 9 p.m. ET)
- Vitor Belfort def. Michael Bisping via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 1:27
- CB Dollaway def. Daniel Sarafian via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
- Gabriel Gonzaga def. Ben Rothwell via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 2, 1:01
- Khabib Nurmagomedov def. Thiago Tavares via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 1:55
PRELIMINARY (FUEL TV, 6 p.m. ET)
- Godofredo Castro def. Milton Vieira via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28)
- Ronny Markes def. Andrew Craig via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Nik Lentz def. Diego Nunes via unanimous decision (30-28, 30-27, 30-26)
- Edson Barboza def. Lucas Martins via submission (punches) – Round 1, 2:38
- Yuri Alcantara vs. Pedro Nobre via ruled a no-contest (accidental punches to back of head) – Round 1, 2:11
- Ildemar Alcantara def. Wagner Prado via submission (kneebar) – Round 2, 2:39
PRELIMINARY (Facebook, 5:35 p.m. ET)
- Francisco Trinaldo def. CJ Keith via submission (arm-triangle choke) – Round 2, 1:50
Bellator 85 ratings: Spike TV debut does ‘fantastic’ numbers.
MFC signs Anthony Birchak to new bantamweight division for May debut.
UFC on FX 7 results: Vitor Belfort stops Michael Bisping, derails his title shot.
After beating Bisping at UFC on FX 7, Vitor Belfort makes case for Jones rematch.
UFC on FX 7 bonuses: Belfort, Dollaway, Sarafian, Ildemar Alcantara net $50K.
UFC on FX 7 draws reported 9,116 attendance for sell-out.
Yuri Alcantara gets win bonus despite no contest vs. Pedro Nobre at UFC on FX 7.
After no-contest, UFC on FX 7’s Pedro Nobre avoids serious injury, eyes rematch.
UFC on FX 7 winner Ildemar Alcantara planning drop from 205 to 170 pounds.
Gustafsson vs. Mousasi official for Stockholm, tickets on sale Feb. 9.
Cage Warriors 52 adds James vs. Philpott and Bassett vs. Sizeland.
Akira Corassani vs. Robbie Peralta targeted for UFC on FUEL TV 9 in Sweden.
Bellator 92 will take place March 7 from Pechanga Resort & Casino in Temecula, Calif. Bellator officials on Friday announced the event and tournament final. Lightweight tournament final between Dave Jansen (18-2 MMA, 5-0 BFC) and Marcin Held (15-2 MMA, 4-1 BFC) now has a date and location.
The full Bellator 86 card now includes: MAIN CARD (Spike TV, 10 p.m. ET)
- Ben Askren vs. Karl Amoussou – for welterweight title
- Muhammed Lawal vs. Przemyslaw Mysiala – light-heavyweight-tournament opening round
- Douglas Lima vs. Michail Tsarev – welterweight-tournament opening round
- Ben Saunders vs. Koffi Adzitso – welterweight-tournament opening round
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike.com, 8 p.m. ET)
- Brent Weedman vs. Marius Zaromskis – welterweight-tournament opening round
- Raul Amaya vs. Jose Gomes – welterweight-tournament opening round
- Javier Obregon vs. Hunter Tucker
- Mike Maldonado vs. Joseph Salas
- Zach Church vs. Damon Jackson
- Cortez Coleman vs. Matt Jones
The full UFC 156 lineup includes: MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar – for featherweight title
- Rashad Evans vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
- Alistair Overeem vs. Antonio Silva
- Jon Fitch vs. Demian Maia
- Joseph Benavidez vs. Ian McCall
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX, 8 p.m. ET)
- Evan Dunham vs. Gleison Tibau
- Jay Hieron vs. Tyron Woodley
- Bobby Green vs. Jacob Volkmann
- Yves Edwards vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 7 p.m. ET)
- Chico Camus vs. Dustin Kimura
- Edwin Figueroa vs. Francisco Rivera
The full UFC 157 fight now card includes:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Champ Ronda Rousey vs. Liz Carmouche – for women’s bantamweight title
- Dan Henderson vs. Lyoto Machida
- Urijah Faber vs. Ivan Menjivar
- Manny Gamburyan vs. Chad Mendes
- Josh Koscheck vs. Robbie Lawler
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX, 8 p.m. ET)
- Lavar Johnson vs. Brendan Schaub
- Mike Chiesa vs. Anton Kuivanen
- Court McGee vs. Josh Neer
- Caros Fodor vs. Sam Stout
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 6:30 p.m. ET)
- Dennis Bermudez vs. Matt Grice
- Brock Jardine vs. Kenny Robertson
- Neil Magny vs. Jon Manley
Belfort on Sonnen after fight: “Take that clown away!” Belfort said. “Go home! You did a reality show? Go home! Let me fight that real champion. Champion vs. Champion. Not that clown!” Afterward, Sonnen, who served as a commentator on the night’s FUEL TV broadcast, addressed him. “First, let me be really clear and talk to you Vitor,” said Sonnen, who’s scheduled to meet Jones at UFC 159 in April. “You’ve been telling the world that you want to meet Jesus, and I will gladly arrange that travel. But first I’m going to get rid of Jon Jones, but you are next.”
Sonnen responds to Belfort: I ‘will gladly arrange’ a meeting with Jesus.
Tito Ortiz on Ronda Rousey and “Cyborg”: She hasn’t fought in almost a year and a half,” Ortiz told MMAjunkie.com on Thursday while at Bellator 85.
“I want her to get warmed up and comfortable in the UFC.” Santos (10-1 MMA, 0-0 UFC) won’t do a trial cut and instead will go straight for 135 pounds, Ortiz said.
“She’s kind of bummed out about it because of the respect that’s not been shown to her,” he said. “She’s a world champion. She’s defended her title more times than Ronda Rousey has ever fought, and she doesn’t get respect. She’s kind of in the same shoes that I am. She said to me, ‘When I became champion, nothing in my life has changed. Financially, it hasn’t changed.’ So as a manager, I’m going to make sure her life is changed.”
Fans invited to Wednesday’s UFC 158 press conference in Montreal.
Reminder: ‘UFC’s Road to the Octagon’ returns ahead of UFC on FOX 6.
UFC adds Camila Oliveira and Aline Franzoi as UFC on FX 7 octagon girls.
Question(s) of the weekend:
Who should Belfort get to fight next?
Who would win between Belfort vs. Sonnen at 205 lbs.?