It’s time to continue the 4th Annual MMA Freak Awards with the second category of the top articles. This award is voted on by the MMA Freak writers who recognize each other’s contributions to the site. There weren’t as many articles that didn’t make the list due to the votes being mostly unanimous but here are the honorable mentions:
The New Face of Bellator” 1on1 with Michael “Venom” Page – by Chris Fetter. An article with the prospect.
Scotland’s Paul Craig is the New BAMMA Light Heavyweight Champion – by Tom Heffernan.
Here now are the Top 10 Articles of 2014:
10) Veterans Day 2015 Special: Top 10 Military Vets of the Past Year by Matthew Salzer
An annual article honoring the most successful United States Military veterans active in the MMA industry.
9) Top 10 Lists series by Matthew Salzer
Top 10 lists throughout the year about various topics ranging from seasonal topics to historical topics about MMA.
8) Relaunch of the MMA Freak podcast by Edson Valenzuela and Matthew Salzer
While not an articles or series of articles, it is important as the brain child of writer Edson Valenzuela.
7) The Man, The Myth, The Walk-out: 1on1 with Tom Lawlor by Chris Fetter
Reporter with the site Chris Fetter interviewed several fighters this past year, one of which was Tom Lawlor.
Scottish correspondent Tom Heffernan talked to UFC co-founder Campbell McLaren about MMA overall.
5) Performance enhancing but career diminishing; PED abuse is killing MMA. by Tom Heffernan
Tom Heffernan wrote this article in light of the UFC 183 fallout when Anderson Silva tested positive for PEDs.
4) Today in MMA History series by Edson Valenzuela
This series of articles talking about specific MMA events on the date of publication has become Edson’s trademark.
3) Why the World Turned on “Rowdy” Ronda Rousey by John Salzer
In his MMA Freak writing debut, John Salzer wrote about the fallout from UFC 193 when Ronda Rousey lost.
2) Interview with UFC Middleweight Sam Alvey by Edson Valenzuela
One of Edson’s several audio interviews with MMA fighters, this time it was rising prospect Sam Alvey.
1) Rousimar Palhares Stripped of Title by Chris Fetter
The writers of MMA Freak have spoken for the winner for the Article of the Year award goes to Chris Fetter. Chris’ articles about Rousimar Palhares being stripped of the title and the fallout and criticism from it was spectacular.
Congratulations to Chris and may you continue contributing to the site.
Stay tuned for the next installment of the 4th Annual MMA Freak Awards.