Alright MMA-Freak fans, it’s that time again! Time to get you caught up on all or any mma news you might have missed this past weekend. Grab your morning coffee or your after work beverage and let’s get you all caught up.
~ Fight Results ~
Bellator 92: Khasbulaev vs. Sandro-
MAIN CARD (Spike TV, 10 p.m. ET)
- Magomedrasul Khasbulaev def. Marlon Sandro via TKO (punches) – Round 3, 2:38 – featherweight tournament semifinals
- Doug Marshall def. Sultan Aliev via split decision (27-30, 29-28, 29-28) – middleweight tournament semifinals
- Brett Cooper def. Dan Cramer via knockout (punches) – Round 3, 3:19 – middleweight tournament semifinals
- Mike Richman def. Alexandre Bezerra via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28) – featherweight tournament semifinals
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike.com, 8 p.m. ET)
- Nick Piedmont def. Cleber Luciano via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 0:55
- Ricky Legere Jr. def. Sabah Homasi via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 2, 2:52
- Akop Stepanyan def. Chris Saunders via TKO (strikes) – Round 3, 3:55
- Keith Berry def. Richard Rigmaden via submission (kimura) – Round 1, 1:31
- Josh Appelt def. Manny Lara via unanimous decision (30-24, 30-24, 30-24)
- Aaron Miller def. Shad Smith via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Brandon Halsey def. Rocky Ramirez via technical submission (arm-triangle choke) – Round 3, 0:50
Cage Warriors 52: Grimaud vs. Pendred-
- Cathal Pendred def. Gael Grimaud via unanimous decision (49-46, 49-46, 48-47) – to become new welterweight champion
- Graham Turner def. Fouad Mesdari via TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 3:05
- Bruno “B.C.” Carvalho def. Steve Dinsdale via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 1:48
- Jack Mason def. Matt Inman via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 4:26
- Paul McVeigh def. Paul Marin via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Alan Philpott def. Liam James via TKO (strikes) – Round 3, 3:00
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 2:15 p.m. ET)
- Chris Fishgold def. Steve O’Keeffe via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 1, 1:34
- Martin McDonough def. Alex Enlund via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 3:13
- Paul Redmond def. Alexei Roberts via TKO (strikes) – Round 2, 4:30
- Merv Mulholland vs. Brad Wheeler TKO (strikes) – Round 1, 1:46
- Dan Hope def. Gary Kono via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Untelevised, 1:30 p.m. ET)
- Ben Hajir def. Anthony Ferguson via submission (armbar) – Round 1, 1:42
- Richard Griffin def. Shah Hussain via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 4:40
- Shaj Haque def. Olly Battell via unanimous decision (30-26, 29-28, 29-27)
~ Headlines ~
Jon Fitch signs with World Series of Fighting.
Matt Riddle signs multi-fight deal with Legacy Fighting Championship.
Joe Lauzon targets Summer return.
Former UFC flyweight Ulysses Gomez signs deal with California-based Pandemonium.
‘Countdown to UFC 158: St-Pierre vs. Diaz’ debuts Tuesday on FUEL TV.
Coming off his loss, Martin Kampmann wants The last Strikeforce champ Tarec Saffiedine, Nick Diaz – or Georges St-Pierre loser next
~ Fight News ~
Mark Hunt vs. JDS at UFC 160
Caio Magalhaes vs. Karlos Vemola at UFC on FUEL TV 10 in Brazil.
Jim Wallhead stops Matt Veach in Saturday’s BAMMA 12 headliner.
Erick Silva vs. John Hathaway UFC on FUEL TV 10.
Din Thomas vs. Georgi Karakhanyan added to April’s Legacy FC 19 event.
John Gunderson vs. Dan Lauzon added to World Series of Fighting 3.
‘TUF 16’ vet Sam Alvey vs. Chase Degenhardt added to May’s ‘MFC 37: True Grit’.
~ Quotable’s ~
Nick Diaz: “I’m living in a f—ing small town full of people that hate me right now”
Diaz on GSP saying he needs a beatdown: “I deserve to get beat down?” Diaz said. “That’s what you said, right? Who the f— are you? Honestly, straight-up, I don’t think that you deserve to get beat down. I don’t think that. I don’t want anybody to get beat down.”
Johny Hendricks defending his fighting style: “If he’s watched any of my fights, when have I ever took anybody down?” he said. “I have wrestling – yeah, I do. My background is wrestling. I have knockout power. Just because I don’t go out there and use it all, you don’t have to use it all to win fights. The most important thing is to win fights. Doesn’t matter how you do it. If that means you’ve got to take the guy down and get a win like Georges does, then do it. It’s about getting your hand raised, and the fans like that.”
~ Misc ~
Strikeforce’s Chrissy Blair, Vanessa Hanson named newest UFC octagon girls.
Following UFC 158, Nick Diaz up for shots at middleweight, lightweight titles.
Will Weidman beat Silva?
Who wins: Diaz or GSP?