UFC on FUEL TV 7: Barao vs. McDonald takes place February 16, 2013 5:00 PM EST in London, England at the Wembley Arena.
The interim bantamweight champion Renan Barao (29-1 mma, 4-0 UFC) will put his new championship on the line against one of the youngest contender’s in Michael “MayDay” McDonald (15-1 mma, 4-0 UFC) in the main event.
Both fighters are coming off the biggest win(s) of their careers.
Barao defeated Urijah Faber at UFC 149 via unanimous decision for the interim bantamweight champion in a dominating performance.
McDonald also showed a dominate performance in his last fight when he defeated longtime WEC champion Miguel Torres with a huge knockout in the first round.
If “Mayday” does pull off the hugest upset of his career, he will be the youngest champion in UFC history.
The co-main event will feature two top featherweights in what should be nothing but a war. Cub Swanson (18-5 mma, 3-1 UFC) will take on Dustin “The Diamond” Poirier (13-2 mma, 5-1 UFC). Also on the card, Cyrille Diabate (19-8-1 mma, 4-2 UFC) will fight UFC newcomer Jimi Manuwa (12-0 mma, 1-0 UFC) who is coming off his first UFC win back in September.
Plus knockout artists Ryan Jimmo (17-1 mma, 1-0 UFC) and James Te Huna (15-5 mma, 4-1 UFC) will see who goes night, night first when they square off.
~ The rest of the card is as set ~
MAIN (FUEL TV, 3 p.m. ET)
- Renan Barao vs. Michael McDonald – for interim bantamweight title
- Dustin Poirier vs. Cub Swanson
- Cyrille Diabate vs. Jimi Manuwa
- Gunnar Nelson vs. Jorge Santiago
- Ryan Jimmo vs. James Te Huna
- Che Mills vs. Matthew Riddle
PRELIMINARY (Facebook, noon ET)
- Terry Etim vs. Renee Forte
- Danny Castillo vs. Paul Sass
- Josh Grispi vs. Andy Ogle
- Stanislav Nedkov vs. Tom Watson
- Vaughan Lee vs. Motonobu Tezuka
- Ulysses Gomez vs. Phil Harris