Alright MMA-Freak and MMAVictor fans, it’s that time again! Time to get you caught up on all or any mma news you might have missed this past weekend. Grab your morning coffee or your after work beverage and let’s get you all caught up.
If you want a more detailed recap, then take a quick 30 minutes, and listen below:
MMA Fight Results
UFC Fight Night 26: Shogun vs. Sonnen-
MAIN CARD (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. ET)
- Chael Sonnen def. Mauricio Rua via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 1, 4:47
- Travis Browne def. Alistair Overeem via KO (strikes) – Round 1, 4:08
- Urijah Faber def. Yuri Alcantara via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-27)
- Matt Brown def. Mike Pyle via KO (punches) – Round 1, 0:29
- John Howard def. Uriah Hall via split decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28)
- Michael Johnson def. Joe Lauzon via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-25)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FOX Sports 1, 6 p.m. ET)
- Michael McDonald def. Brad Pickett via submission (triangle choke) – Round 2, 3:43
- Conor McGregor def. Max Holloway via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)
- Steven Siler def. Mike Brown via KO (punches) – Round 1, 0:50
- Diego Brandao def. Daniel Pineda via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 4:30 p.m. ET)
- Manny Gamburyan def. Cole Miller via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
- Ovince St. Preux def. Cody Donovan via KO (punches) – Round 1, 2:07
- James Vick def. Ramsey Nijem via submission (guillotine choke) – Round 1, 0:58
RFA 9: Curran vs. Munhoz-
MAIN CARD (AXS TV)
- Pedro Munhoz def. Jeff Curran via split decision (47-48, 49-46, 50-45) – to claim RFA’s vacant bantamweight title
- Kevin Casey def. Casey Ryan via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Brian Ortega def. Jordan Rinaldi via submission (triangle choke) – Round 3, 2:29
- Steve Mocco def. Lew Polley via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Alan Jouban def. Chris Spang via TKO (strikes) – Round 3, 1:23
- Matt Manzanares def. Steve Swanson via submission (armbar) – Round 2, 3:37
- Justine Kish def. Christine Stanley via submission (armbar) – Round 2, 4:29
- James Moontasri def. R.J. Clifford via TKO (punches) – Round 3, 2:40
- Perceu Friza def. Nick Jordan via unanimous decision
MFC 38: Fans will be able to pick the order of the card and pick the co and main events.
Listen to MFC’s Anthony Birchak as he tells us that fans will be able to pick the co and main events at MFC 38. MMAFreak Radio.
MFC 38 adds third title fight with Sam Alvey vs. Jason South for 185 belt.
Despite pre-event headaches, White changes mind, says UFC to make Boston return.
MMA vet Jeff Curran retires following RFA 9 title loss.
Dana White says Lyoto Machida vs. Nick Diaz off the table.
Sarah Kaufman off UFC Fight Night 27 card, will be rescheduled.
Was Uriah Hall way too hyped?
Rory MacDonald vs. Robbie Lawler still on track, according to Dana White.
UFC boss: Uriah Hall ‘not a fighter’.
Despite the regional-show runaround, David Loiseau could fight till he’s 40.
While nothing official, UFC says Reza Madadi likely cut after theft conviction.
UFC Fight Night 26 draws reported 12,539 attendance for $1.53 million live gate.
UFC Fight Night 26 bonuses: Travis Browne, Matt Brown, Chael Sonnen, Michael McDonald, Brad Pickett earn awards. 2 ko’s, 2 sub and FOTN.
What’s next for Alistair Overeem?
Bellator 99 line-up complete
Sept. 13 at Pechanga Resort & Casino in Temecula, Calif.: MAIN CARD (Spike TV, 9 p.m. ET)
- Patricio Freire vs. Diego Nunes – featherweight tournament opening round
- Houston Alexander vs. Vladimir Matyushenko
- Shahbulat Shamhalaev vs. Akop Stepanyan – featherweight tournament opening round
- Desmond Green vs. Fabricio Guerreiro – featherweight tournament opening round
- Andrew Fisher vs. Joe Taimanglo – featherweight tournament opening round
PRELIMINARY CARD (Spike.com, 7 p.m. ET)
- Savo Kosic vs. Hector Ramirez
- Derek Loffer vs. Mario Navarro
- Andy Murad vs. Gavin Sterritt
- Musa Toliver vs. Goiti Yamauchi
- Blagoi Ivanov vs. Manny Lara
- Nick Moghaddam vs. Virgil Zwicker