Alright MMA-Freak and MMAVictor fans, it’s that time again! Time to get you caught up on all or any mma news you might have missed this past weekend. Grab your morning coffee or your after work beverage and let’s get you all caught up.
Big Question(s): Did Silva beat himself?
Will he take his rematch?
UFC 162: Silva vs. Weidman-
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Chris Weidman def. Anderson Silva via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 1:18 – to win middleweight title
- Frankie Edgar def. Charles Oliveira via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 30-27)
- Tim Kennedy def. Roger Gracie via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Mark Munoz def. Tim Boetsch via unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 29-28)
- Cub Swanson def. Dennis Siver via TKO (punches) – Round 3, 2:24
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX, 8 p.m. ET)
- Andrew Craig def. Chris Leben via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27)
- Norman Parke def. Kazuki Tokudome via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
- Gabriel Gonzaga def. Dave Herman via TKO (punches) – Round 1, 0:17
- Edson Barboza def. Rafaello Oliveira via KO (leg kicks) – Round 2, 1:44
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 7 p.m. ET)
- Brian Melancon def. Seth Baczynski via knockout (punches) – Round 1, 4:59
- Mike Pierce def. David Mitchell via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 2:55
Cage Warriors 56: del Guerra vs. Omoyele-
MAIN CARD (MMAjunkie.com, 4 p.m. ET)
- Bola Omoyele def. Vincent del Guerra via TKO (elbows) – Round 1, 3:21
- Robbie Olivier def. Patrik Berisha via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Denniston Sutherland def. Brett Bassett via TKO (punches) – Round 3, 0:30
- Graham Turner def. Nad Narimani via split decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28)
- Philip Mulpeter def. Warren Kee via TKO (elbows) – Round 2, 3:24
- Fabrio Ferrari def. Brett Sizeland via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 4:48
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook, 3 p.m. ET)
- Sean Carter def. Adam Boussif via submission (arm-triangle choke) – Round 2, 3:58
- Arnold Allen def. Andy Green via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 1, 4:00
- Brad Wheeler def. Aymard Guih via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Untelevised, 2:40 p.m. ET)
- Paddy Pimblett def. Florian Calin via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
Dana White has little patience for ‘f—ing idiots’ who say UFC 162 was fixed.
Want UFC 162 winner Cub Swanson in a title fight? Speak up, he says.
UFC 162 bonuses: Chris Weidman KO, Swanson/Siver FOTN 1, Edgar/Oliveira FOTN 2. Fighters earned $50,000.
UFC 162 draws reported 12,399 attendance and $4.862 million live gate.
Forrest Griffin, Stephan Bonnar officially inducted into UFC Hall of Fame.
UFC Fight for the Troops 3 event targeted for Nov. 6, 2013.
UFC 162 salaries: Chris Weidman gets $48K, ex-champ Anderson Silva paid $600K.
UFC’s annual Super Bowl weekend card shifts from Las Vegas to Newark in 2014.
Gilbert Melendez vs. Diego Sanchez added to UFC 166 in Houston.
With super-fights now scrapped, UFC boss insists Weidman vs. Silva II up next and fans agree.
With UFC 162 win, Mark Munoz wants title shot with a Weidman rematch.
Potential UFC return for Nick Diaz? UFC boss ‘more than happy to get him a fight.
Fabricio Werdum wants Daniel Cormier? ‘DC’ says it’s perfect heavyweight finale.
UFC boss suggests Anderson Silva vs. Roy Jones Jr. boxing match still possible.
Dana White on Chris Leben’s future: ‘His fight style isn’t healthy for him.‘
Dana White on Edgar/Oliveira: “I was cheering because it was an awesome fight,” he said. “Both guys fought hard, and they got $50,000… Oliveira proved he’s a talent to be reckoned with. That kid’s just going to get better and better and better. It was a great fight – I loved it.”