10) Mackenzie Dern defeats Virna Jandiroba via decision – UFC 256
Mackenzie Dern continues to rise as she defeated atomweight and fellow Invicta veteran Virna Jandiroba and she had to fight to a decision for the win.
9) Kevin Holland defeats Ronaldo Souza via knockout method – UFC 256
To say that Kevin Holland had a very successful year is an understatement as he was able to knockout Ronaldo Souza in his fifth win of the year.
8) Charles Oliveira defeats Tony Ferguson via decision – UFC 256
Charles Oliveira was able to pull something that not many people have been able to do which was to control Tony Ferguson the whole match.
7) Rafael Fiziev defeats Renato Moicano via knockout method – UFC 256
This was another example of an up and comer overcoming a veteran as Rafael Fiziev was able to knockout the always dangerous Renato Moicano.
6) Marvin Vettori decisions Jack Hermansson – UFC on ESPN 19
Marvin Vettori continues to rise as he was able to overcome the veteran and higher ranking Jack Hermansson in a controlling game plan.
5) Ciryl Gane defeats Junior dos Santos via technical knockout victory method – UFC 256: Figueiredo vs. Moreno – Upset of the Month (Tied)
It is shocking to see Junior dos Santos lose in the fashion that he did against Ciryl Gane who is dangerous but not in the top 10 just yet.
4) Julianna Velasquez defeats Ilima-Lei Macfarlane via decision – Bellator 254: Macfarlane vs. Velasquez – Upset of the Month (Tied)
Ilima-Lei Macfarlane before this fight was considered one of the pound for pound women. Her upset loss to Julianna Velasquez has set her back.
3) Chase Hooper defeats Peter Barnett via submission victory method – UFC 256: Figueiredo vs. Moreno – Submission of the Month
Earning the only submission of the fight card, Chase Hooper pulled off an impressive heel hook against Peter Barnett as the first fight of the event.
2) Jamahal Hill defeats Ovince Saint Preux via technical knockout – UFC on ESPN: Hermansson vs. Vettori – Knockout of the Month
Jamahal Hill is one of several up and comers who have made a name against veterans who either challenged for or won titles. This time Hill was able to defeat Ovince Saint Preux in an impressive knockout.
1) Deiveson Figueiredo draws with Brandon Moreno – UFC 256: Figueiredo vs. Moreno – Fight of the Month
If it weren’t for the fact that Deiveson Figueiredo got docked a point earlier in the fight, he would have successfully defended his title against Brandon Moreno. This will likely lead to a rematch sometime this year.