MMA Writer Description
MMA Freak is an opinion based news source for mixed martial art news and any related trending topics surrounding the sport.
Our columns range from fight card previews/reviews, indepth opinion pieces, breaking news updates, and play-by-play analysis pieces as well.
mma-freak.com was established in spring 2012, by two writers, Justyn Hornor and Gabriel Keith. Their passions for writing and combat sports lead them to believe they could offer something more than the average and sometimes dull commentary seen in other platforms.
In the course of a year our site went from hundreds of monthly page views to thousands. We have a fantastic writing team now, but we are looking to add 5-10 new writers to the site.
MMA Writer Guidelines
- Must be eager to commit to 2-3 articles a month.
- Article size: 400-700 words
- Adhere to AP standards
- Must consistently follow the sport
- Must have a writing background
- School Newspaper
- Freelance writer for other websites
- Sports writer
- Active on social media
- Can develop themes and opinions around topics
- Experienced publishing on word press is a huge plus
To get started, provide an opinion piece on a trending MMA topic, and send a resume or a writing portfolio.
- Hit our readers hard with a strong tone and voice.
- Keep your facts accurate.
- All articles must be original
MMA Freak Submission Guidelines
- We accept articles in Word or HTML format.
- Send articles and content ideas to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for regular guest writers, that are passionate and enthusiastic about the sport. We will give you an author byline, and provide links to your blog and/or social media profiles as well.